Here is my latest assignment for MATS Bootcamp: a tarot card of the Hierophant. I wasn’t really into this assignment at first but after some research, I found different subjects to use. I was torn between Odin and Dumbledore. I still may do a Dumbledore in a Harry Potter deck in the future…
Here is another special assignment with Uppercase magazine for my MATS A self-paced class. This was done for the editorial market. We were supposed to illustrate our ideal wardrobe. Mine is definitely a comfy sweatshirt but also a DESIGNER sweatshirt (ha! – it’s Victoria by Victoria Beckham). It was so great to see everyone’s interpretation of the assignment.
Here’s some recent artwork from my MATS B classes that I’ve been taking over the last couple of month. I still have a few more assignments to go but that will be another blog post. The image above is from a special assignment for Uppercase magazine. How amazing is that?! Some lucky students will get to be in the magazine with their work featured.
A card I designed for the paper market
Graphics and patterns for the Baby Apparel market. I uploaded some of the patterns to Spoonflower here.
Some icons and borders for the Scrapbooking market
Here is my second assignment for Make Art That Sells Bootcamp. What a fun assignment: Lumberjacks as Christmas ornaments! You can see all the submissions for the assignment here.
And of course, I totally had fun looking at the eye candy for reference. I followed this board on Pinterest because it was just perfect.
Here’s my first assignment from Bootcamp. What a fun project to work on! Colouring books are all the rage these days and I think the 1920s style takes it to a whole other level.
You can check out the gallery here to see the amazing artwork that my classmates have produced for this assignment.
Also, you can download my cover art here to colour in yourself.
Week 5 was all about wood/MDF. This week my board did not come together as planned. It was a really busy week and I got a massive cold and had to work on Saturday and Sunday so this is what I ended up with. I like my elements separately but they don’t go together. Ah well… it was an intense 5 weeks and I’m just proud of myself for submitting a board with more than one product each week.
Week 4 was all about ceramics. I had a lot of fun with this board. I love the little whale and my cloud dish. Can we make these a reality too?
For week 3, we explored glass as a substrate. I really struggled this week. Hopefully I’ll come up with some better products when I use a different trend board. I did create some cute patterns that I’ll post on Spoonflower though, so there’s that.
Week 2 was all about fabric. This was probably my favourite week as I got to make up some cute stuffies. I think I need to make them a reality.
This week, I discovered that my colour profiles were all wrong. As I was working from Illustrator and then to importing into Photoshop, I noticed a significant colour shift. It took me a while but I had to go in and re-calibrate my monitor and then fix my colour profiles in Illustrator and Photoshop to match. Now, everything looks the same and there are no surprise colour shifts. Phew!